Thursday, August 05, 2010

The First Leg of the Trip: The Midwest

Hippie Van
 As we were leaving Maryland, we stopped at a 7-11 and ran into this man, who gave us quite a stir. He was fascinated with our "Hippie Van" and would not stop talking to us.

Into the Midwest
In one day, we drove from Pennsylvania, through Ohio, and into Indiana. I want to clarify that Daisy drove the ENTIRE journey, because I do not drive stick.

 She tried teaching me at one point, but I did not pass the test.

Chicago Tales Around the Campfire
 The next day we stopped in Chicago, which was a beautiful city, and I wish we had more time to explore it. The architecture alone was amazing. That night, we roasted marshmellows over a campfire and had a dinner of hotdogs and S'mores.

Spam & Cheese




Wisconsin really likes Cheese. And Minnesota has a giant can of Spam. Kinda awesome.

Missouri River
This is right before Daisy tried to teach me how to drive stick. Immediately after me failing, a semi kicked up some gravel and chipped our windshield (which will be important later)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails